RASS – Studio Legale Rinaldi e Associati has accrued special expertise in the field of innovative start-ups and SMEs, by providing legal assistance and advice to the benefit of innovative enterprises in the following fields:
- Legal feasibility analysis of the business model for innovative enterprises, including authorizations and regulatory aspects
- Definition of statutory and/or shareholders’ mechanisms to protect the founding partners – both entrepreneurs and financial partners – with the following formation of the company and the drawing up of ‘customised’ memorandums of association and shareholders’ agreements
- Negotiation of co-investment transactions in innovative enterprises and arrangement of the contractual documents (term sheets, investment agreements, shareholders’ agreements and whatever required by the market best practices in venture capital transactions)
- Identification of the financial structure for innovative enterprises and definition of the best tools and channels to collect equity, debt and ‘hybrid’ capital also through offers to the public on on-line portals (or the so-called ‘equity based crowdfunding’)
- IP: definition of systems to protect the intellectual property, from distinctive signs, software, inventions, design, operating processes under the start-up ownership and the drawing up of the contractual documents
- Negotiation and drawing up of contracts for innovative enterprises, among them, Letters of Intent, confidentiality and privacy agreements (NDAs), Software development and licence and sub-licence agreements, SaaS, General Use Software or Service Conditions, Distribution and Re-sale agreements, Escrow Agreements, R&D Agreements, Procurement and sub-supply agreements, Digital service agreements (such as, Web Analytics, SEO, Google AdWords, CRO)
- Arrangement of labour and collaboration agreements, of non-competition and stability agreements
- Arrangement of incentive plans for key managers, including work-for-equity plans.
- Arrangement of privacy and cookies policies, risk analysis and assessment and arrangement of privacy compliance and assessment programs, agreements to transfer and process data.